Coconut oil is a must have any household today. The effects of this oil are excellent and it can help with many different skin conditions. The question that many people ask is, ‘can coconut oil prevent wrinkles?’ and the answer is going to blow your mind!
Coconut oil can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when it is massaged into the skin every night. It can also help with premature aging. Let’s find out how to use coconut oil for wrinkles.There are two types of wrinkles: dynamic and static. Static wrinkles occur as a result of hereditary traits, environmental factors, certain lifestyle habits or the natural aging process.
How to apply coconut oil for wrinkles?
Coconut oil is liquid gold. The amount of nourishment that coconut oil gives your skin is astounding. Your skin tends to get premature wrinkles because it has a lack of water and moisture in the skin. This results in fine lines, wrinkles or crepey skin.
This post may have affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission on purchases through the links (at no extra cost to you). This does not change our opinion but does help support the site. Thank you!
- By applying coconut oil to the skin every day, you help your skin lock in the moisture that it needs in order to stay plump and young
- There are other aspects to the skin that aids in the anti-wrinkle formula but the antioxidants in the coconut oil protect the skin against free radicals. Free radicals damage the skin and cause wrinkles
- Coconut oil maintains the skin’s connective tissue which prevents the skin from sagging and wrinkling whilst repairing the damaged skin
- Coconut oil contains Vitamin E and Vitamin A. These are essential proteins that boost the production of collagen in the skin which keeps the skin firm and supple
- And finally, coconut oil supports the formation of new, healthy skin cells
Other uses for Coconut oil
Coconut oil can be used in many different ways to help your skin and body stay healthy throughout the year.
- A hair mask. Coconut oil works wonders on your hair and helps keep your scalp moisturized and dandruff free
- You can cook with coconut oil instead of using oil or butter. It is a lot healthier for your cholesterol
- Apply coconut oil to your animal’s fur to help give their coat a nice gloss
- Coconut oil can help you with your dry skin conditions such as Eczema or Psoriasis. Don’t forget about the best shampoo for psoriasis if you have a such issue with your skin.
How to apply it to the skin?
- Take about a spoon full of coconut oil in your hand. Keep in mind that coconut oil does go hard in winter and a liquid form in summer. This does not mean that your oil is off.
- You can rub the oil onto your entire body in an upwards motion, (towards the heart). Make sure that the oil is absorbed completely into the skin before moving onto the next step. The direction you apply the oil will help promote healthy blood flow which will allow your skin to absorb the product quicker and increase nutrients to your skin cells.
- When applying the oil to your face, please make sure that you do not apply it to your eyelids or around your eyes. It can hurt. If you get in your eye, rinse your eye out with cold water.
- Rinse your body with lukewarm to hot water. Please don’t try to burn yourself. Boiling water does not make the oil work better, it damages your skin even more.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- You can also apply a small amount of oil to your problem areas before you go to bed.
If you do not like the feel of the oil directly on your skin, you can place a table spoon of oil directly into the bath water and have a coconut bath. I like to switch things up and apply to my skin some days and other days I place the oil in my bath water.
Can your skin have a bad reaction?
Coconut oil is a natural product and can have a side effect. It is not often that people have a skin reaction to the oil, however; product houses do lace their products with chemicals and synthetic material that you can have a reaction to.
If your skin starts to go red after using the oil, please wash your skin care with cold water and pat dry with a clean towel. Make sure that the product you have used is 100% natural and does not contain ingredients that you cannot find inside a coconut.
- Coconut oil is not a cure for wrinkles; it simply can help with the appearance of them.
- Please make sure that you are buying organic coconut oil that is not laced with chemicals and other funny ingredients to make the product last longer.
- If the oil starts to have a funny smell or goes an off yellow color, the oil is off and you need to throw it away. Placing off oil onto your skin can cause damage to your skin and will clog your pores.
- Coconut oil works best with a few friends to help you get the best results. Coconut oil, Cucumber and Aloe Vera mixed together and then placed on the skin will ensure that the skin maintains moisture and will help your skin with its elasticity property.
- Coconut oil is safe to use with High Blood pressure or Diabetes.
- If you have open skin or sores, try avoiding those areas as you do not want the oils to clog up the scab or irritate the skin.
“Healthy, hydrated cells are the key to an ageless skin and a healthy body”.
Once you start using coconut oil for wrinkles and fine lines, you will start to see the other benefits of the oil. Your skin will become soft and smooth and will start to look healthy and lose the gray tinge you might have due to lack of moisture.
Coconut oil is going to become your new best friend and you will always make sure that you have a jar or two in your house at all times.
Let me know what you use coconut oil for and how this liquid gold has changed your life.