Jojoba oil is often thought as a skin moisturizer or helps to rejuvenate the skin but it can also help with acne prone skin types. It has been proven to be affected for noninflamed and inflamed skin lesions that are caused by acne breakouts.
Jojoba Oil has got many benefits that will help improve the look of your skin. Let’s find out how to use Jojoba oil for acne. Please keep in mind that is it not recommended that you apply Jojoba oil directly onto the skin as it is too rich and oily.
The skin will not absorb it correctly and the treatment will not work. You need to mix it with another product. My first recommendation would but to mix it with Aloe Vera Gel or you can use your non-pore clogging moisturizer that is sitting in your bathroom cupboard.
Jojoba and Aloe skin moisturiser
This treatment is making use of Aloe Gel mixed with the Jojoba oil. By combining the two, you are going to grate a skin moisturizer that is best suited for acne prone skin.
- Buy good quality Jojoba oil and Aloe Vera Gel. Try to get organic and as close to 100% natural as you can.
- Fill a pump bottle half way with the oil and the rest of it with the gel.
- Mix the ingredients together and you have your Jojoba moisturizer.
- Apply this cream once a day to your skin and affected area. It can be used on the entire body.
- Store in a cool dry place and make sure that you place the date on the bottle. Once 6 months is up, time to make a new batch.
You can add a few drops of pure jojoba oil to your commercial moisturizer that you use already. This will only enhance the properties of the cream and make the product work better.
Using Jojoba oil for pimples and post Acne skincare
- After you have cleansed your skin with your gentle acne prone cleanser, make sure that your skin is dry before moving onto the next step.
- Use a cotton bud and gently dab the jojoba oil onto the affected area and repeat this step three times a day for a few weeks.
- You should not stop the treatment even if the pimples begin to push. This is an effect you want to see and all it means is that the oil is draining your skin of all toxins.
- You can mix the oil with some tea tree oil. 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 table spoon of jojoba oil is a great acne spot treatment. The tree has natural anti-bacterial properties.
How to use Jojoba Oil for Acne treatments
- A little goes a long way. Jojoba oil lasts a long time on the skin and it gives your skin a radiant and healthy look.
- The oil is filled with antioxidants. This will help keep your skin feeling clean and fresh. It works well with your regular acne treatment and will help heal the pimples and prevent further acne breakouts.
- It is a pure and natural way to treat acne. It has the ability to mimic a natural process in the skin and protects your pores from getting dirty and clogged.
Things to remember
- Buy good quality Jojoba oil so that you are certain that you will get the best results that you can get.
- Make sure that the Jojoba oil that you buy is 100% cold pressed and does not contain any other ingredients other than Jojoba seeds.
- Always remember that it is best to mix jojoba oil with a carrier oil. I strongly recommend always mixing it with Aloe Vera Gel.
- Avoid applying the pure oil directly onto the skin as it is too powerful for your skin to handle. Always mix it.
- If you mixing the jojoba oil with another essential oil, such as Tee tree, make sure that you store it in a dark glass bottle to ensure that the oil does not lose its properties.
- If your skin starts to get itchy and irritated, stop all treatments immediately. Wash your skin with lukewarm water and dry it with a clean towel. If after 24 hours the reaction has not warned off, go to your GP or Dermatologist.
Flaky skin does happen!
Acne is a skin condition that is best treated by products that have a drying effect on the skin such as the best soap for acne. Once you start with any form of acne treatment, including adding jojoba oil to the mix, your skin will still have times when it is going to flake.
This is a normal response and you should not be alarmed. Your skin is drying out so that it can heal. Please do not pick the flakes off! You can exfoliate once a week, apply the Jojoba moisturizer once a day and do not forget an SPF during the day.
– Angela Bassett
Interesting fact about Jojoba Oil
Jojoba seeds have been roasted to make coffee-like beverages all over the world.
There are many uses and benefits for this product. As you can see that it is very important for you to store the oil correctly as well as use it in the right way. Acne treatments if not used correctly, will not have an effect on the skin. A treatment that is used correctly will have an astonishing effect on the skin that is long lasting and beneficial.
Acne is a skin condition that can be managed and maintained. You should not be afraid of this skin condition. Follow your Dermatologist’s recommendations properly and add Jojoba oil for better, longer lasting effects and you will have flawless skin in no time.
Some cases are more severe than others so please make sure that your Dermatologist knows that you are adding Jojoba oil into your commercial products.
Now when you know how to use Jojoba oil for acne let me know how it has improved your skin over the months.